Mike is founder and owner of PLRisk, a nationally recognized Professional Liability Insurance Wholesale Brokerage. By focusing on risk analysis and coverages, rather than pricing, these companies have experienced significant growth and have established a successful model for the entire industry. Mike has become a valuable market resource and has been requested to be a frequent speaker, guest panelist, and writer on topics relating to professional and management liability risk and insurance.
Having over 20 years’ experience in the industry, Mike not only brings a wealth of knowledge, but also highly-developed insights and a unique ability to create innovative coverage solutions. In 2012, Mike formed PLRisk to create a presence in the wholesale market.
Formerly a CPA audit manager at Coopers & Lybrand (now PWC), Mike managed audit and consulting services to insurance and healthcare clients, including some of the nation’s most well-known Fortune 500 companies. He specialized in mergers and acquisitions and insurance company liquidations. Dealing with hundreds of insurance companies, agencies, reinsurers and alternative risk companies provided him with valuable insight into the needs of his clients. At Medical Inter-Insurance Exchange (MIIX), a medical malpractice carrier, Mike was responsible for assisting the company in mergers and acquisitions and development of numerous insurance programs. Later, as the Chief Financial and Operations Officer of a subsidiary, Mike built a physician-owned insurance carrier from the ground up, including all hiring, systems development, licensing and marketing.
- Certified Public Accountant, 1986
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants Member
- Professional Insurance Agents Association Member (PIA)
- Risk and Insurance Management Association Member (RIMS)
- The Oz Principle Corporate Training
- Founding member of FSU Seminole Club of the Delaware Valley
- Lay Leader, Franklin Lakes United Methodist Church
- B.S. in Accounting, Florida State University, 1984
Recent Speaking Engagements
- PLUS Guest Panelist – E&O and the Real Estate Bubble
- IBANY/Plus Guest Panelist – Diversifying Revenue Streams in a Soft Market
- NAI Global Asset Services – E&O for Commercial Real Estate Firms