PLRISK Professional liability insurance solutions reach across a broad range of industries. Let us help you find the solution that is right for your needs.
To learn more, call at (855) 403-5982, email or:
Account Manager / Cannabis Division
Newly formed Cannabis Division of a nationally recognized Specialty broker, PLRisk Advisors Inc Wholesale Cannabis Insurance Division is seeking an experienced wholesale insurance account manager. The ideal candidate will have strong account manager skills in most areas of P&C brokerage, including G/L, property, workers comp, products liability as well as management and professional liability. Experience in the Cannabis industry is helpful but necessary as this is a new emerging market. This candidate will be on the ground floor of an exciting new and emerging industry. The account manager will work hand in hand with a senior producer and be responsible for writing new and renewal business. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in servicing key accounts while prioritizing and managing workflow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate delivery of the company’s products and key growth and operational objectives. Along with ensuring quality execution of traditional policy servicing, account managers should have thorough knowledge of commercial property, general liability (products liability), management liability, commercial auto, and workers’ compensation.
- Developing and maintaining proactive communication with retail agents, insurance company underwriters/MGAs, and internal brokerage team by acting as primary contact for general insurance questions and service needs.
- Facilitating all aspects of daily client service needs, including quotes, binders, billing, policy changes and other daily service as needs arise.
- Working with the producers in marketing new and renewal business in all aspects of the P&C business., including:
- Assume primary responsibility
- Selecting appropriate markets based on risk profile.
- Working with clients to gather updated exposure information then organizing appropriate client and underwriting information required to market accounts.
- Preparing submission.
- Following up with underwriters for quotations, policy changes, policies, invoices, and other related documentation.
- Reviewing quotations for appropriate coverage and comparing quotations for coverage, terms, limits, and pricing.
- Executing coverage analysis as needed, as well as providing the client with accurate quotation for any additional coverages.
- Binding policies with carriers, billing, follow-up, and policy issuance.
- Following up on subjectivities, completing surplus lines affidavits, issuing binders and invoicing.
- Fostering an environment of personal accountability by managing appropriate system records of service, marketing, and policy communications with clients and carriers.
- Responsible primarily for renewing policies.
- Working with management and other team members to improve processes, implement new procedures if necessary and overall help provide quality assurance.
- Supporting the implementation of new lines of coverage by setting up accounts, collecting needed documentation, and reviewing plan details with Client and Carrier.
- 5 – 7 years’ experience of Commercial Lines client management experience.
- Valid P&C license.
- Proficient in insurance agency management systems (AMS 360 and ImageRight).
- Extensive knowledge of Commercial Lines coverage, rate analysis/procedures.
- Ability to clearly articulate these products/plans to clients and underwriters, including compliance and legislative information.
- Understanding of marketplace trends and best practices to best meet client needs.
Functional/Technical Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong written, presentation, interpersonal, organizational, time management and oral communication skills. Ability to apply technical knowledge in insurance coverages, terminology, and concepts.
- Strong negotiation skills, decision making skills, ability to work under pressure, critical thinking skills, sense of urgency, anticipation of client needs, attention to detail, results-oriented nature, ability to handle unusual situations.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point required.
- Ability to compile, analyze, and interpret information and data to facilitate decision making. Math skills involving familiarity with ratios, percentages, discounts, and commissions.
- Problems encountered require constructive thinking and analytical interpretation; weighing the desirability and/or probability of possible outcomes in relationship to each other. Problems may involve thinking a few steps into the future. Decisions are frequently made with some precedent to draw upon.
- Tact and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves substantial personal contact with clients and others inside and/or outside the organization to obtain or communicate information which may require some discussion.
Supervisor: Charris Escobar
Hours: Monday – Friday; 8:30am – 5:00 pm Eastern
Immediate opening for an experienced insurance industry financial controller to join a growing professional/management liability insurance brokerage located in Franklin Lakes, NJ. This position is a hands-on position to oversee the company’s accounting department, HR, finance and regulatory operations for a growing multistate insurance brokerage operation. The company has approximately 50M in annual premiums and 40 employees in 8 states. the successful candidate will be responsible for the accounting, financial reporting, tax, HR and budgeting operations. Although, there is some potential for working at home on occasion, this position requires the successful candidate to be physically in the Franklin Lakes New Jersey office. The position requires a significant amount of tax compliance and financial reporting in addition to the oversight of the accounts receivable and payable functions. The position will report directly to the President.
The successful candidate will have at least 10 years of financial management/accounting experience. A significant amount of that time should be in the insurance industry. Knowledge of Professional liability and Surplus Lines business is preferred. A CPA is preferred, but other candidates may be considered. The company has operations in almost all 50 states and knowledge of multistate tax law and compliance is helpful. The position offers a competitive salary, bonus and benefits based on experience. The company offers health benefits, 401K and an FSA.
- Administers and maintains all corporate financial records including books of original entry, supporting schedules and subsidiary ledgers.
- Oversee the company’s accounting operations including AR, AP and cash management, including supervision of accounting staff consisting of three people.
- Develop and maintain accounting policies and procedures necessary to maintain an efficient accounting department and maintain compliance with regulatory authorities.
- Preparation of monthly/periodic financial reports and statement for management and regulatory authorities.
- Develop and maintain corporate procedures for maintaining multistate compliance and filing of appropriate multistate tax forms and documents and oversee filings.
- Development of annual budgets, including tracking of monthly progress through reports to management.
- Oversee and coordinate audits to be performed by various state agencies.
- Prepares budgets, reviews budget proposals and prepares necessary supporting documentation and justification. Oversees budget versus actual issues and prepares analysis.
- Provides for an annual budgeting and planning process to insure long term financial and business strategy.
- Prepares reports which summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present and expected operations.
- Maintains relations with banks, financial institutions and regulatory authorities.
Key Job Requirements:
- Attention to detail and significant organization skill
- Financial and management accounting skills
- Understanding of Multistate tax compliance issues, including surplus lines and other taxes.
- Ability to manage multistate tax filings and deadlines, including supervision of related staff.
- Must be able to work with other members of management and staff to coordinate AR/AP, carrier relations and Surplus Lines activities.
- Previous experience in the insurance industry is required
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- Must be able to assume responsibility for resolution of client issues.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is critical.
- Understanding of AMS360 and/or AIM/ Imageright preferred
- College Degree, preferably in accounting
- Certified Public Accountant preferred
- Experienced financial manager/controller
- This position requires a Criminal background check
- Valid Driver’s License is required
Professional Lines Property Casualty Insurance Account Manager
Immediate opening for a full time experienced licensed Property Casualty Account Manager for a Professional and Management Lines Insurance Brokerage located in Franklin Lakes, NJ. The successful Account Manager candidate will work with a staff of over 40 professionals in a growing national dynamic company. This position offers a competitive salary, bonus, 401k, dental and vision and offers significant growth potential.
The successful applicant must have experience as a licensed professional lines Account Manager with strong organizational skills and possess the ability to work independently. AIM/ Imageright and AMS 360 policy management systems experience, or similar paperless system is preferred. Since a significant portion of the business is internet driven, use of computer technology including Microsoft products and the AIM / Imageright and AMS 360 system is preferred. There is potential for remote, hybrid remote and New Jersey office based employees. Organizational skills are a must. A candidate that is unorganized and needs constant supervision need not apply.
The successful individual will work with our producers and manage a book of professional, management and cyber liability accounts. The candidate will be responsible for managing day to day activities of the accounts, including marketing, quoting, binding, billing, cross selling and managing client relations.
The successful candidate will be among a team of professionals currently including 9 producers and 9 account managers in multiple states. The Company offers a competitive salary, bonus, healthcare, 401K, dental, vision and growth opportunity.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Servicing and managing all aspects of client services for our professional, management and cyber-Liability clients.
- Working with Producers in quoting, binding, billing, and servicing new and renewal business.
- Interacting daily with our sales staff, other employees and insurance markets for the delivery of services to our clients.
- Cross selling additional professional liability products.
- Client communication and coordination.
- Developing and improving the company’s processes and procedures.
- Ongoing daily customer service functions such as Certificates of Insurance, policy changes, invoicing, processing of claims, etc.
- Update and maintenance of client files/coverages.
- Development and organizations of efficient client files.
- Providing coverage for other employees as the need arises relating to time off, vacations, etc.
Key Job Requirements:
- Must have a positive attitude that transcends the company culture.
- Property and Casualty Insurance licensed. This is a MUST. Do not apply if you do not hold a producer’s license in at least one state.
- Professional, management and cyber liability experience is preferred.
- Experienced user of AIM / AMS 360 or similar paperless system is preferred.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently.
- Must be computer competent and fluid in the use of Microsoft products.
- Must be able to assume responsibility for resolution of client issues.
- Must be detail oriented and well organized.
- Must have excellent computer/Internet skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent communications/telephone skills required.