Michael Peters is a founding member and the Cannabis Practice Leader for PLRisk Advisor’s Wholesale Cannabis Insurance Division. During his tenure, he has:
- Secured key market appointments with insurance carriers for property, casualty, management liability, commercial auto, workers’ compensation and more
- Defined the Division’s value statement: “One-stop-shopping for retail cannabis agents working with cannabis insureds.”
- Developed a robust, national agency distribution network.
- Created a treasure trove of marketing materials to assist retail agents efforts with business owners.
- Written articles and blogs to help educate retail agents about cannabis insurance.
- Hosted webinars, in-person presentations and educational symposiums on cannabis D&O, EPLI, Cyber Insurance and More.
PLRisk’s Wholesale Cannabis Insurance Division offers a full suite of insurance solutions to its retail agency partners that includes property, casualty, auto, worker’s compensation, cyber, management and professional liability insurance.
Michael began his insurance career in 2012 as a boots-on-the-ground professional liability agent before ascending to roles with increasing complexity, breadth, and responsibility. He is tenacious about breaking into new insurance markets, developing programs/insurance products, and scaling agency distribution networks. He has developed insurance programs and brokered the following lines of insurance in the Admitted and E&S insurance markets: Commercial Property, Commercial Casualty, Commercial Auto, Professional Liability, Management Liability, Workers’ Compensation, Inland Marine and more.
Michael earned his CPCU designation in 2016 and his RPLU designation in 2014 and is licensed for both P&C and E&S. Prior to joining PLRisk in 2020 to establish their wholesale cannabis insurance division, he launched a retail brokerage (which entered JV with Axis/PLRisk) to help identify insurance solutions for the rapidly evolving cannabis industry. Prior to that, Michael was a VP, Broker for RPS, and a VP of Business Development for MedPro Group. Michael is a graduate of Indiana University, Fort Wayne having earned his Major in Political Science and Minor in History.
Outside of work, Michael loves raising his two boys, coaching baseball, enjoying the outdoors, mountain biking, rock climbing, golfing, boating and meditation.